As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, there was no widely known or official “Sanchar Saathi Portal” specifically for tracking lost mobile phones in India or any other country. However, I can provide you with general guidance on what you can do if you have lost your mobile phone:
- Contact your service provider: The first step you should take when you lose your mobile phone is to contact your mobile service provider (e.g., Airtel, Vodafone, Jio, etc.). They may be able to help you track your phone or block your SIM card to prevent unauthorized use.
- File a police report: If your phone is stolen, it’s important to report the theft to the local police. They may be able to help you track the phone, especially if it was stolen, and it could be part of a broader investigation.
- Use built-in tracking features: Many smartphones have built-in tracking features. For example, Apple devices have “Find My iPhone,” and Android devices have “Find My Device.” If you had one of these features enabled on your phone before it was lost, you can use them to track your device’s location.
- Apps and third-party services: There are many third-party apps and services available that can help you track your lost phone. For example, you can use apps like “Prey,” “Cerberus,” or “Find My Phone” apps available on app stores. These apps often require pre-installation and setup on your phone before it’s lost.
- IMEI number: Every mobile phone has a unique IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number. You can contact your service provider or the police with your IMEI number, and they may be able to help you track your phone.
- Remote wipe: If you cannot recover your phone, consider using the remote wipe feature on your device (if available). This will erase all data on the phone to protect your personal information.
- Change passwords: If your phone contains sensitive information, change your passwords for accounts linked to the phone, such as email, social media, and banking accounts.
Remember that the ability to track a lost or stolen phone depends on various factors, including the phone’s settings, whether it has internet access, and the cooperation of local law enforcement. It’s always a good practice to take preventive measures like enabling tracking features and regularly backing up your data to prevent data loss in case of theft or loss.
Please check for any new developments or specific services related to tracking lost mobile phones in your region, as there may have been changes or new initiatives since my last update in September 2021.