Eggless banana pancakes are a delicious and healthy vegan breakfast option. These pancakes are made without eggs, dairy, or any animal products, making them suitable for vegans and those with dietary restrictions. Here’s a simple recipe for healthy vegan banana pancakes:
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or whole wheat flour for a healthier version
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional, adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plant-based milk (e.g., almond milk, soy milk, oat milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or melted coconut oil
- Cooking oil or vegan butter for greasing the skillet
- Fresh fruits, maple syrup, or other toppings of your choice
- Mash the Banana: Start by peeling the ripe banana and mashing it in a mixing bowl until it’s smooth and free of lumps.
- Combine Dry Ingredients: In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar (if using), baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine Wet Ingredients: To the mashed banana, add the plant-based milk, vanilla extract (if using), and vegetable oil. Mix well until everything is well combined.
- Combine Wet and Dry Ingredients: Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are okay. Overmixing can make the pancakes tough.
- Preheat the Skillet: Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Add a small amount of cooking oil or vegan butter and spread it around to grease the surface.
- Cook the Pancakes: Once the skillet is hot, pour a ladleful of pancake batter onto it. Use the back of the ladle to spread the batter into a round shape. Cook for about 2-3 minutes on one side, or until you see bubbles forming on the surface.
- Flip and Cook: Carefully flip the pancake using a spatula and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes on the other side, or until it’s golden brown and cooked through.
- Repeat: Continue this process until you’ve used all the batter, adding more oil or vegan butter to the skillet as needed between batches.
- Serve: Serve the eggless banana pancakes hot with your favorite toppings. Fresh fruits, maple syrup, vegan yogurt, chopped nuts, or a drizzle of nut butter are great options.
- Enjoy: Enjoy your healthy vegan banana pancakes as a delicious and wholesome breakfast.
These vegan banana pancakes are not only easy to make but also a great way to use up overripe bananas. They’re fluffy, flavorful, and perfect for a leisurely weekend breakfast or brunch.